The health care industry is in a state of massive transformation. A growing body of regulation, government reform and technology considerations combine to create an extremely complex marketplace that often presents significant challenges to health care providers and institutions seeking to improve the way they deliver care and do business.
Relying on considerable working knowledge of the health care industry, our team of health law attorneys provide counsel and representation on all legal and regulatory aspects of complex transactions, regulatory compliance, investigations and litigation. We offer our clients strategic guidance to help them thrive in an increasingly complex and competitive environment. Partnering closely with our clients, we work to understand their unique needs and anticipate their legal, financial and regulatory challenges to provide cost-saving strategies that allow them to respond with agility.
In Missouri, Kansas and across the country, we have successfully defended hospitals, nursing homes, long-term facilities, health care centers and physicians against claims of wrongful death, professional negligence and other complex medical liability claims. In addition to our successful defense of traditional medical and nursing home malpractice matters, our attorneys also counsel health care businesses and professionals in the following arenas:
- Regulatory compliance:
- Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) compliance
- Medicare/Medicaid Anti-Kickback Statute
- The “Stark Law” (the Ethics in Patient Referral Act)
- False Claims Act
- Representing individual providers and health care facilities facing investigations by state licensing, disciplinary and regulatory authorities
- Providing witness consulting services to prepare health care professionals for deposition and trial testimony
- Advising clients on personnel and employment policies